Happy Friday Orlando! Here’s everything you need to know that’s going on in town today.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Orlando? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain beginning in the afternoon. High: 89 Low: 74.
Here are today’s best stories in Orlando:
1. The Pet Alliance of Greater OrlandoOrlando location caught fire last night around 10:30 p.m. and drove to 23 cats died. All surviving animals will be taken to the refuge location in Sanford. Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando is accept donations on their website. (Orlando Weekly)
2. Scream n’Stream, a haunted driving event, amounts to Kissimmee in the Oviedo shopping center from today and will continue until Halloween. The theme this year is clowns vs zombies. Admission starts at $ 47 per car. Part of the profits will go to Second Harvest Food Bank. (Specter 13 News)
3. Tuscan grills at Suntree is closure after 21 years October 22. His lease was not renewed after the pandemic did it difficult to pay rent and communicate. Owner Gina Pierce hope to find another place in Suntree to relocate. (Click Orlando)
4. Orlando Solar Bears announced a multi-year agreement with Ivanhoe Park Brewery Society as an official and exclusive partner of craft beer. The partnership will bring a “Bear Beer Florida Lager.“(Bungalow)
5. Former Orlando police officer Jonathan Mills, a former officer of the year, was accused with battery sex and battery of Traffic stop 2014. There is an arrest warrant against him. (WFTV)
Today’s Orlando Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Orlando!
Today in Orlando:
- POW-MIA 2021 recognition ceremony at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. (10:30)
- CCA FL Martin County Chapter Luau on the Lagoon. (5:00 p.m.)
- College football against Freedom at home – Boone High School. (7:00 p.m.)
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at Central Florida Community Arts. (7:00 p.m.)
- Rollins College Women’s Volleyball at Barry University. (7:00 p.m.)
Orlando Badge Book
- Pet Alliance Greater Orlando: “Everyone saw hello Purrcy! Purrcy is a 2 year old black cat who made his home in the cat colony at our Orlando shelter. Purrcy was a stray before being brought in by his first family; they entrusted Purrcy in the care of Pet Allia … “(Instagram)
- Valence College: “As we begin our celebrations for Hispanic Heritage Month, we are proud that Valencia College is helping Hispanic students achieve their dreams with innovative programs like DirectConnect to UCF, which in 2012 was named America’s Best Program. .. “(Instagram)
- Orlando Food & Travel Guide: September 20 is #NationalFriedRiceDay and @benihana is teaming up with @nokidhungry again this year to raise awareness and fundraise to help end child hunger in America. September 17-20, when guests will order Hibachi fried rice … “(Instagram)
- Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer: “It is undeniable that women are leading the way in our community and I am sure that it was not easy for Orange Appeal to select its winners for the“ Woman of the Year 2021 ”award. But I was happy to ‘be there and help recognize Andrea Eliscu, who’ … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats culinary blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles related to food.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orlando Daily? You can reach me at [email protected]