The family car had a dead battery, so Stanley’s husband ordered the bicycle pump so he could travel by bicycle.
Like many parents with four-month-old babies, naps can be a staple for survival. The family woke up around 11:12 am Thursday. It was then that Stanley smelled the smoke. They came out and saw flames and realized they had to leave immediately.
After collecting a few items, they tried to find neighbors who could help them, but everyone was gone.
They weren’t sure how they were going to get out of the fire path, but that’s when a delivery driver named Luanne arrived to deliver the bicycle pump.
âWe could be dead without Luanne,â Stanley said. âShe was our saving grace. A little angel just when we needed her.
Luanne asked the couple if they needed help as the Stanley family were standing outside their door in a blistering breeze, with the fire already burning the nearby mall.
“I really don’t think we could have gotten away with it because it was happening so fast and with winds like that the gusts were so strong my husband was having a hard time standing and putting all our things in. the van, âStanley mentioned.
Stanley had to stand in the delivery van with the baby to get out of the wind.
“She (Luanne) was actually pretty calm about it, she offered to help and got us in the van and propped us up to the side and dropped us off at the nearest community center,” said Stanley.
Aerial video shows Stanley’s house missing. They now have a picture of where the house was located.
âIt’s not there anymore, it’s just a big pile of ash,â Stanley said.
The family waited at the community center until their friends picked them up and took them to Mary’s stepmother, where they stayed last night.
âWe don’t know what our plans are going forward, you know, we just lost our house,â Stanley said. âWe’re more worried about our neighbors than our house because you know it’s not the things that make a house, it’s the people. And we’re just happy to be out safe and sound.
Suggest a correction